Thursday, September 22, 2011

Class 2


This class was exciting. We had our first presentation today, and I was the first one. I talked about immigration and its history. I think I did pretty well :)
United States is a country of immigrants. Yes, that's a known fact but many of them are illegal.. ok, I suppose that's known too. But, how hard can it be to become a legal citizen in the U.S? Let's see this easy chart I found on the Internet. (Click here to see it bigger!)

Yup... It can take almost 30 years in the worst case scenario to became a legal citizen, that is, to get yourself a green card... if your lucky. That explains why many people try to enter the U.S and stay there permanently.
On the other hand, 7 amnesties have already been passed in the U.S. I can imagine a lot of illegal immmigrants just waiting for an amnisty to happen but, along with the amnisty, there are a lot of other deported illegan immigrants that just don't apply to the amnisty.
If you want to become a legal citizen, with green card and everything, you can wait a lifetime, marry someone, find a close relative living legally there or get a nice job... and of course... enter ilegally and hope for an amnisty.
Still, you can always stay in your own country, live happily and help in your own country's development, and that is my personal choice.





No comments:

Post a Comment